Enjoy your long weekend
Wayne
2012-02-18 02:39:14 UTC
yeah...

Just for old times sake.
Is there anyone out there?
Jon Houts
2012-02-19 14:31:13 UTC
Post by Wayne
yeah...
Just for old times sake.
Is there anyone out there?
Awww, man. I came here just to post that same Presidents Day greeting.

but,but...
Jon
Wayne
2012-02-19 18:43:43 UTC
Post by Jon Houts
Post by Wayne
yeah...
Just for old times sake.
Is there anyone out there?
Awww, man. I came here just to post that same Presidents Day greeting.
but,but...
Jon
Jon!!!
are you the same Jon Houts that posted in The Corner comment section
about a month ago?

(that's what reminded me to come in here and post...)

Wayne
Jon Houts
2012-02-21 16:02:04 UTC
Post by Wayne
Post by Jon Houts
Post by Wayne
yeah...
Just for old times sake.
Is there anyone out there?
Awww, man. I came here just to post that same Presidents Day greeting.
but,but...
Jon
Jon!!!
are you the same Jon Houts that posted in The Corner comment section
about a month ago?
(that's what reminded me to come in here and post...)
Wayne
A month? Was it that long ago? Most likely, it was me, as I do post
there. Since I don't sign my comments, I don't do the "but,but..."

but,but...
Jon
Wayne
2012-02-22 04:16:49 UTC
Post by Jon Houts
Post by Wayne
Post by Jon Houts
Post by Wayne
yeah...
Just for old times sake.
Is there anyone out there?
Awww, man. I came here just to post that same Presidents Day greeting.
but,but...
Jon
Jon!!!
are you the same Jon Houts that posted in The Corner comment section
about a month ago?
(that's what reminded me to come in here and post...)
Wayne
A month? Was it that long ago? Most likely, it was me, as I do post
there. Since I don't sign my comments, I don't do the "but,but..."
but,but...
Jon
Maybe it was signed Jon from MN or something - it just seemed like it
was you, and apparently it was!
Phoenix Rising
Hi Jon!!! It's Hamlet!
Vic Kulikauskas
2012-02-21 14:25:56 UTC
Post by Wayne
yeah...
Just for old times sake.
Is there anyone out there?
No, the group is pretty much dead. Nothing but spam. And once in a
while, maybe once a year, someone posts a real message, and sometimes
it's answered within a few months. Communication continues through
blogs and emails to some extent, but the group itself is no more.

It might be tempting to blame our "friend" for destroying the group,
but I think Usenet as a whole is past its useful life already.

As for us, those of our kids who aren't grown up yet are now in the
school system, so our family is not home-schooling any more. But the
next generation is getting into it now.
Wayne
2012-02-22 04:25:50 UTC
Post by Wayne
yeah...
Just for old times sake.
Is there anyone out there?
No, the group is pretty much dead.  Nothing but spam.  And once in a
while, maybe once a year, someone posts a real message, and sometimes
it's answered within a few months.  Communication continues through
blogs and emails to some extent, but the group itself is no more.
It might be tempting to blame our "friend" for destroying the group,
but I think Usenet as a whole is past its useful life already.
As for us, those of our kids who aren't grown up yet are now in the
school system, so our family is not home-schooling any more.  But the
next generation is getting into it now.
Hey Vic, say "Hi!" to Jayne for me.

Currently I'm experiencing the difficulty of dealing with the "less
than rational" as a moderator in a local forum. It truly was amazing
how m.e.h-s.c. existed by self-moderating with wit and God's grace for
as long as it did.

Yup, kids are grown now.
Phoenix Rising
2012-03-01 20:23:27 UTC
Post by Wayne
Post by Wayne
[...]
AMEN to that Vic... it sure did..... :)

grandpa
2012-02-22 23:40:47 UTC
In article
Post by Wayne
yeah...
Just for old times sake.
Is there anyone out there?
Occasionally, some of us "old-timers" still dabble in the dregs of what
is left of usenet. Most have moved to blogs, myspace (yeah, it still
exists), or facebook. Proud to say that my grandchildren are being
home-schooled now. Oh, and Jon is losing weight.
Grandpa Koca
Phoenix Rising
2012-03-01 20:21:50 UTC
Post by Wayne